Yeah, it's starting to sound like a site level dependency.

Try a full backup/restore job to an empty site. You might then be able to
perform standard deployment jobs.

From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Ajay
Sent: Tuesday, 8 November 2011 5:01 PM
To: ozMOSS
Subject: Re: MOSS 2007 Content Deployment Problems

This looks tricky as stsadm - backup/restore is much more robust than stsadm
import.
In most cases when we had issue with export-import -- backup/restore has worked
well.

Can you do one quick test to validate if it's the data in site causing the
issue by creating a new OOTB site collection and just put it 1-2 documents and
items and see if that works.

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 6:06 PM, Chris Howell