Hi all,

I have a 2010 site collection containing several sub-sites. One of these
sites (Site A) has links to a number of documents stored in a list on
another subsite (Site B).

Our search box is part of the master page for the site collection and the
default search for Site A is "This site: Site A". When searching, results
are not returned from the list in Site B - as you would expect.

I've experimented with custom scopes and have set one up that indexes both
Site A and the documents, however I can't work out how to add that scope to
the drop down scope list - and to only do it for Site A not the whole
collection.

Is there a way to achieve the outcome I want?

Cheers,

Iain