Machine #1, create two instances:

- one
instance for DEV MS SP Web Server

- one
instance for TEST MS SP Web Server

In Virtual
Machine #2, create two instances:

- one
instance for DEV MS SP Application Server

- one
instance for TEST MS SP Application Server We know the Microsoft's minimum
requirements for SharePoint web server, application server, database serveer
etc...

But, we are not able to find out

-
Microsoft's minimum requirements for VM instances (e.g. how many cores
process, RAM, ?80 GB for each instance??)

- we need one SharePoint 2010 Enterprise Edition Server licence for these MS SP
Web Servers (or we need
two) in one VM.

- any
performance articles for using 2 SharePoint instances in one VM.

- any links
related to using SharePoint 2010 in 2 instances in VM.

I will be very
appreciated if anyone is able to provide me any feedbacks or comments.

(We also
have a physical server contains a SQL Server 2008 R2 - the setting for this
server is fine for us.) (We have CAL licences - which allow all of our users to
access our SharePoint 2010 DEV and Test Systems)

Thanks,

Doug