Hey Guys,

Quick question – I have been hassling the network team here change
the F5 we use for load-balancing our server farm to stop using the
ping-response from servers as the keep-alive
for directing traffic to them, and switch over to retrieving images for each
web application and using these as the keep-alive – the images I have suggested
using are stored in the Style Library (so in the site collections database).

They contend that they have not been able to get the URI’s to these images to
load from the F5. I expect this is because they are not authenticating the
request, but before
I chase this down with them, I wanted to confirm that the config I am proposing
is appropriate.

What do you think? Have you set this up before / do you think
using images stored in the content database for keep-alives sounds like a good
idea?

Cheers
Nigel