From: ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com [mailto:ozmoss-boun...@ozmoss.com] On Behalf Of
Nigel Witherdin
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:18 AM
To: OzMoss
Subject: F5 Keep-Alive Images

Hey Guys,

Quick question - I have been hassling the network team here change the F5 we
use for load-balancing our server farm to stop using the ping-response from
servers as the keep-alive for directing traffic to them, and switch over to
retrieving images for each web application and using these as the keep-alive -
the images I have suggested using are stored in the Style Library (so in the
site collections database).

They contend that they have not been able to get the URI's to these images to
load from the F5. I expect this is because they are not authenticating the
request, but before I chase this down with them, I wanted to confirm that the
config I am proposing is appropriate.

What do you think? Have you set this up before / do you think using images
stored in the content database for keep-alives sounds like a good idea?

Cheers

Nigel