Awesome list Craig, I noticed a few minor corrections below (target stuff)

DeepEarth Toolkit has now been upgraded J

From: ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com
[mailto:ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com] On Behalf Of Craig Dunn
Sent: Wednesday, 11 November 2009 8:55 AM
To: ozSilverlight
Subject: Re: New release of the Silverlight Bing Maps control

p.s. my changelog to get it working consisted of:

updating my project to SL3

adding to XAML
<m:Map Name="VEMap" CredentialsProvider="you know what"
<m:Map Name="minimap" CredentialsProvider="you know what"

using Microsoft.VirtualEarth.MapControl;
  becomes
using Microsoft.Maps.MapControl;

LocationRect targetBounds = VEMap.GetBoundingRectangle(VEMap.TargetView);
  becomes
LocationRect targetBounds = VEMap.BoundingRectangle;

VEMap.TargetView.Center
  becomes
VEMap.TargetCenter

VEMap.TargetView.ZoomLevel
  becomes
VEMap.TargetZoomLevel

SomeLayer.AddChild(mp)
  becomes
SomeLayer.Children.Add(mp)

MapLayer.MapPositionProperty
  becomes
MapLayer.PositionProperty

MapLayer.MapPositionMethodProperty
  becomes
MapLayer.PositionOriginProperty

PositionMethod.Center
  becomes
PositionOrigin.Center

examples:

el.SetValue(MapLayer.MapPositionProperty,
VEMap.ViewportPointToLocation(pos));
  becomes
el.SetValue(MapLayer.PositionProperty, VEMap.ViewportPointToLocation(pos));

cel.SetValue(MapLayer.MapPositionMethodProperty, PositionMethod.Center);
  becomes
cel.SetValue(MapLayer.PositionOriginProperty, PositionOrigin.Center);

The OSM tile source described back here
<http://pietschsoft.com/post/2009/03/Virtual-Earth-Silverlight-Overlay-OpenS
treetMap2c-OpenAerialMap-and-Yahoo-Map-Imagery-using-Custom-Tile-Layers%21.a
spx>  continues to work

    public class OpenStreetMapTileSource :
Microsoft.Maps.MapControl.TileSource
    {
        public OpenStreetMapTileSource()
            : base("http://tile.openstreetmap.org/{2}/{0}/{1}.png
<http://tile.openstreetmap.org/%7b2%7d/%7b0%7d/%7b1%7d.png> ")
        {
        }

        public override Uri GetUri(int x, int y, int zoomLevel)
        {
            return new Uri(String.Format(this.UriFormat, x, y, zoomLevel));
        }
    }

The minimap described here
<http://www.earthware.co.uk/blog/index.php/2009/03/virtual-earth-silverlight
-minimap-tutorial/>  also continues to work. Does that count as TWO Map
Sessions since I have had to enter credentials for both the main and the
'mini'map? Way to double your apparent usage while providing a nice UI
experience!

cd

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:42 AM, Craig Dunn