I've seen this before a bit, but would have had to seen the project layout
to confirm what the issue might have been.  Apologies for the pain Greg.

Ah, don't worry. I didn't keep the before and after copies of the sln or
csproj files that might have explained what went wrong and what went right.
I was in a hurry and just deleting and adding all 20 references again was
the crudest and quickest thing to do. It was hard to remember which controls
(Label, DockPanel, etc) are in which DLLs in which folders.

Cheers,

Greg