>> How do you form those opinions?

I start by learning what not to listen to.

Darren neimkedarren.nei...@live.com

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2010 13:06:24 +1000
Subject: Re: So, is Silverlight dead yet?
From: p...@paulstovell.com
To: ozsilverlight@ozsilverlight.com

Hi Darren,
How do you form those opinions? Do you ignore the quote from Bob Muglia
completely ("what does a Microsoft VP know about anything Microsoft makes
anyway?"), or do you just ignore the opinion pieces over the top of it?

We're in such a vendor-dominated ecosystem, I worry that regardless of what we
think about the technology, it's the opinions in the market that matter most
when deciding whether something is a good long-term bet.

Paul