Hi all,

I decided to have another quick look at getting my build server (TFS)
to build a solution.

Vanilla solution created today, pointed the server at it and got some
errors. Frustrating.

I looked at what was missing and tried to identify why it was failing.
Discovered that the RIA services files on the server (RIA Services
SP1) were different versions to the one on my machine. I copied the
latest RIA Services install msi (redownloaded it to be sure) and ran
it on the server. It asked if it wanted to do a repair (already
installed) so I told it yes. The files remained the same.
So I copied the whole folder of dll's from my machine to the server
and rebuilt. Those errors then went away and left me with 4 new ones.

obj\Debug\Views\Login\LoginForm.g.cs(12,13): error CS0234: The type or
namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace 'Admin' (are
you missing an assembly reference?) [C:\Builds\1\NRW\Plutus
Autobuild\Sources\PersonnelAdmin\PersonnelAdmin.csproj]
obj\Debug\Views\Login\RegistrationForm.g.cs(12,13): error CS0234: The
type or namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace
'Admin' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
[C:\Builds\1\NRW\Plutus
Autobuild\Sources\PersonnelAdmin\PersonnelAdmin.csproj]
obj\Debug\Views\Login\LoginForm.g.cs(39,24): error CS0234: The type or
namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace 'Admin' (are
you missing an assembly reference?) [C:\Builds\1\NRW\Plutus
Autobuild\Sources\PersonnelAdmin\PersonnelAdmin.csproj]
obj\Debug\Views\Login\RegistrationForm.g.cs(39,24): error CS0234: The
type or namespace name 'Controls' does not exist in the namespace
'Admin' (are you missing an assembly reference?)
[C:\Builds\1\NRW\Plutus
Autobuild\Sources\PersonnelAdmin\PersonnelAdmin.csproj]

Nothing special here, these files are from the template project.

I checked the versions on the silverlight dll's found in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft
SDKs\Silverlight\v4.0\Libraries\Client picking the
System.Windows.Controls.dll = version 4.0.60310.0
checked my machine and found it's version 4.0.50826.0

I guess there was a minor release somewhere along the line between the
two installs. How do people manage this? Hopefully once I track down
the latest Silverlight install and reinstall, it will fix the issue.
It's probably only happening due to the code being generated by RIA
Services... normally you'd not notice.

cheers,
Stephen