From: ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com
[mailto:ozsilverlight-boun...@ozsilverlight.com] On Behalf Of Greg Keogh
Sent: Friday, 22 July 2011 3:00 PM
To: 'ozSilverlight'
Subject: A typical few hours

So I have a plain class object as the DataContext for a UserControl with a
variety of controls on it. All of the two-way binding works perfectly except
for a group of 3 radio buttons which seem to change their checked states in an
incomprehensible random way. For over 3 hours I stick debug displays into every
crack I can find, I swap code in and out, I try it on different controls, I
fiddle with the bool-enum converter, but absolutely nothing makes any
difference. Similar radio buttons on another similar control work perfectly,
only this one is stuffed.

I eventually deleted all binding code for the radio buttons and used an old
WinForms style get/set property and it works.

I think this is a really typical case of what I've been complaining about for
two years now, and it's getting worse. As my working days pass, more and more
roadblocks, workarounds, gotchas and bugs degrade my work satisfaction and
income. Most of this suffering continues to come from Silverlight, WPF and WCF.

NRN, I'm just venting my boiling spleen.

Greg