A lazy way to avoid this is to always rename the xap file each version.

Alternatively, In IIS you can specify the no-cache header for the xap file, however that means that it is always downloaded even when you would prefer the user gets a cached one (from either their browser cache, asp.net cache, or proxy caches etc along the way).

Another way which I am pretty sure works but I haven't used for a while, is to add a dummy param to your silverlight object in html / aspx eg :

<param name="source" value="ClientBin/SomeApplication.xap?ver=23"/>

Everytime you release a new version, change ver= to a new value, which will prevent caching issues.

On , Stephen Price <step...@littlevoices.com> wrote: