Hi Greg,

Presuming it's a Silverlight app, the first thing you can do is attach the
debugger from your dev machine.
That's what's great about Silverlight - it's a client side technology. So when
you hit the website in prod, you're still running the app locally.
Just use VS to 'Attach to process' and find the IE (or other browser) instance
that has process type 'Silverlight'.

Next to ensure your app is talking to the server (let's say via WCF or RIA
services) you can use Fiddler to view the requests/responses.

If you are getting failed requests, you can turn on 'Failed Request Logging' in
IIS, this will show you what HttpModules are being called, etc.
You can also use process monitor to see which DLLs are spun up via the IIS
worker process on the prod box (assuming you are allowed to RDP to it).
Naturally turning on profiling to ensure your database is being called from the
server helps identify any connection problems there.

Beyond that, assuming it is a pure code issue, then yeah.. logging. :)
Log4Net is a good place to start. But this is all for server side of course
(WCF, RIA).
If you're thinking about logging for client side, well just attaching the
debugger should do the trick most the time.

Hope this helps

Steven Nagy
Readify | Senior Consultant | MVP Windows Azure
M: +61 404 044 513 | E: steven.n...@readify.net<sip:steven.n...@readify.net> |