On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Jason E. Stewart wrote:

"Steven N. Hirsch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I'll try to find time later this week to do a test build myself.

Hi Steven,

Please wait for the next snapshot - it fixes *all* of those problems.

There was an error in how exceptions were being generated. They were
being cleaned up by the compiler, but Perl was still trying to use the
pointer. Now Perl makes a copy of the information and manages the
memory - so the original information gets deleted in the catch(), but
the copy is used by Perl error printing mechanism, and then the copy
get's cleaned up.

So, no more segfault, no leaks either.

Yow! That's great news. I always suspected that Perl was using an incorrect or corrupted thread context, but was never able to get the available AIX debuggers to cooperate and show me the specifics.

I would prefer to be using XML::Xerces, but was forced to drop back to XML::LibXML for production deployment due to problems under AIX.

Steve