Has anyone got these to play together nicely ?

I'm having problems getting a CGI script using XML::Xerces
to run consistently under Apache::Registry. I suspect either
some kind of initialization or clean-up problem, as I can
create and call a parser once, but thereafter the process
dies with this message:

>httpd: XMemory.cpp:102: static void* xercesc_2_5::XMemory::operator
>new(unsigned int, xercesc_2_5::MemoryManager*): Assertion `manager !=
>0' failed.

I've tried adding calls to XML::Xerces::XMLPlatformUtils::Initialize()
and XML::Xerces::XMLPlatformUtils::Terminate() but it doesn't improve
things.

Any ideas ?

--
Regards