On Monday, December 01, 2008 travis kalanick wrote:
> If uTorrent's UDP implementation results in a more aggressive
> TCP, there is certainly the possibility that uTorrent could
> create massive FAIL on the Internets.
>
> Anyone who's created/tuned a distributed-UDP-based-TCP-like
> protocol (e.g. David Barrett, Matthew Kaufman, Alex Pankrotov)
> knows the delicate nature of how distributed-TCP-in-UDP works,
> and how it can go very haywire with just a couple of well-
> intentioned tweaks.

Most certainly; but my question was, is there any evidence of this
protocol "going very haywire", or the article just paints the worst
possible scenario, sort of like telling that the asteroid can destroy
all life on Earth? I mean, it sure can - but where's the asteroid?

Best wishes -
S.Osokine.
1 Dec 2008.