Hi,

Guillaume MULLER wrote:
> 1. Does "the idea to keep a fraction of the peer-to-peer traffic local
> to each ISP" mean that "the ISPs store partially or completely some of
> the exchanged files"?

definitively not. Content is stored on peers, not on any ISP
infrastructure (unless the ISP wants so).

> 2. Does "the idea to keep a fraction of the peer-to-peer traffic local
> to each ISP" mean to prevent a peer from 1 ISP to connect to a peer of
> another ISP?

No. You have to make a difference between TCP connections and BT
connections (i.e. application level).
You can keep BT traffic local without putting any constraint on TCP, or
UDP.

Even if BT locality is enforced, you can still bypass it pretty easily,
but you don't really have benefits to do so.
As we have shown, even with a high level of locality, peers will not
experience any major decrease of performance,
and even better performance if inter-ISP links are congested.

Regards,
Arnaud.