Hi,

zooko wrote:
> However the rate of CFPs has climbed, and recently I've started to
> wonder if the ratio of CFPs to actual conversation might deter
> conversation, new subscribers, etc.  I wouldn't want that.  Oh!  I
> have an idea, how about if I set up a separate list named p2p-hackers-
> announce for CFPs?
>
> Please let me know what you think, publicly or privately -- option A:
> laissez faire, status quo, et cetera; option B: I create p2p-hackers-
> announce and start asking anyone who posts CFPs to this list to
> please direct them to that list.

I am in favor of always rejecting CFPs, unless it is personalized to
this mailing list, which means
that unrelated or vaguely related to P2P CFPs, or simply forwarded CFPs
to this mailing list should
be rejected.

Most of the CFPs sent to this mailing list are simply out of topic.

How to implement that (someone needs to moderate, and that might be
quite some work) is another issue.

Regards,
Arnaud.