I'm thinking ActiveX controls would be especially vulnerable, as well as
just inserting "Install our new Google Toolbar!" into the Google homepage.

Or hell, just put "Google is giving away one billion dollars!  Install
this Google Toolbar to learn more!" or "Google has detected that your
computer is infected!".  Because it'll be on the *actual* Google
homepage, with the URL in the address bar starting with the real
"http://google.com"; I bet you'd get some installs out of that.

Even SSL/HTTPS would be somewhat vulnerable: it'd throw up a ton of
certificate warnings, but people are programmed to ignore those --
especially when they're going to sites they trust.

-david