David Barrett wrote:

> It's patent #20080205288, named "Concurrent connection testing for
> computation of NAT timeout period".

This is a patent application, not a patent. It is likely that it will be
granted (since most applications are granted), but it hasn't been
granted yet, so I suppose you could contact the USPTO to object (I don't
know the process for doing this).

You can follow the history of this app in PAIR:
http://portal.uspto.gov/external/portal/pair
The current status appears to be that the USPTO issued a non-final
rejection of all the claims, however it is normal for the author to
revise the claims until they are acceptable.

Wes Felter