David Barrett wrote:
> The tipping needn't be secret or decentralized; it can happen totally in
> the clear using a standard, centralized, completely legal and legit web
> service.  There's no reason to decentralize this part.

Nevertheless, it could be tricky to persuade users to type their credit
card details into an app associated with a taboo word like P2P.

> Hah, no, success is profitability or selling to a bigger sucker.
> Neither of those have happened, and so far as I can tell, neither will
> -- the economics of cheap/ad-supported webcasting are simply impossible,
> and nobody who's tried has ever demonstrated otherwise.  Bleeding
> through investor money at a frantic pace is not success; it's just
> slow-motion failure.

I've heard that Spotify has a P2P element to its transport layer, which
would change the economic picture somewhat if true - does anyone have
any more information about that?

Cheers,
Michael