On Tuesday, March 21, 2006
> I reran the same simulations I posted before, this time scaling
> up the degrees with the size of the network (2 log_2 N edges per
> node)...

        Out of curiosity, what happens to the phase transition with
this number of degrees? 1M meltdown was with 20 links, right? Does
this extra 2x avoid the phase transition at 1M nodes, and if so,
does it merely push it to say, 2M, or it is completely avoided
for all practical node counts (say, less than 10^12 or something)?

        Best wishes -
        S.Osokine.
        21 Mar 2006.