On 3/21/06, Serguei Osokine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         By the way - could it be that the phase transition is due to
> the unidirectional nature of the links?

my impression is that it has more to do with the search / routing
algorithm itself; at some point you time out or fail a query.  once a
network reaches sufficient size with low node degree the ability to
reach some arbitrary subset of the graph is thus constrained by the
excessive path length required.  i don't know that unidirectionality
would alter the behavior much, and fortunately wireless networks are
the only transport where unidirectionality may be common.

the naive approach (high TTL, broadcast and forward?) hits practical
(bandwidth) limits long before theoretical ones.