Very interesting project, Ash.  I've been working on a project that shares many similar features, although we decided about a year ago to do everything over a SIP-based platform instead of building on the work at JXTA.  Very interesting you're using XMPP for presence and messaging -- certainly makes sense.

Seems like our share a great deal both technologically and ideologically.  Roberto's work at YouServ certainly influenced our thinking in terms of using browser and straight HTTP servers, and we're also leveraging open source projects like Jetty.

I'll be sending out updates to this list shortly as well.  Might be interesting to share some code in the future.

Best of Luck!

-Adam