On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 12:30, Dave Rolsky wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Aaron Johnson wrote:
>
> > What is currently the most flexible module available - I define flexible
> > as:
> >
> > - Capable of complex query statements
> > - Support for all DBD drives without recoding ( I understand there will
> > be exceptions )
> > - Support for auto_increment style fields that return the last ID
>
> There isn't any "most flexible" solution.  Here's a comparison of a few
> based on your criteria above.

And just to be complete:

SPOPS

Complex queries: Those that have to do with relationships can be
generated for you, or you can write them yourself. You can also pass
through any query you want to retrieve objects, including joins.

Support for DBD drivers: All of them should work using the base
SPOPS::DBI class, but there is also some DB-specific code such as...

Auto-increment: Support included for MySQL (auto-increment), Sybase and
MS SQL Server (identity), Postgres (sequence, plus automatic support for
serial), Oracle (sequence) and SQLite (sorta identity).

Once I get some time (ha!) I plan to investigate using DBIx::AnyDBD,
particularly since it may (will?) be included with DBI.

Chris

--
Chris Winters ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Building enterprise-capable snack solutions since 1988.