On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 09:11:32AM +0100, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> [...]
> Conclusions
> ===========
>
> I hope I haven't been too harsh. All in all I'm +1 to make P5EEx::Blue the
> start of P5EE (bet you weren't expecting that!). The reason being that we
> need to start somewhere, and Stephen obviously has a lot of energy for this
> project where the rest of us don't. But I think it's going to need major
> surgery, and a serious effort from more than just Stephen (and no, that's not
> me volunteering ;-)

I have a similar opinion. I haven't looked at it, and I won't do that in the
near future. So you might have done something really good, but I doubt that
after reading Matt's mail ...
The problem simply is that people give p5ee different priorities. I don't
volunteer as well. I once wrote you a mail that I'd think that the whole
concurrency stuff is not getting thought about. You replied that I should
do it then. But that won't work, since I don't have the time for this right
now. Anyway, that doesn't erase the need to work on it. So you will have to do
it if noone else does :/
Nobody likes these situations, but if we cannot come up with enough potential
and time to do it right then we are probably not ready for a p5ee thing yet.
Weighting votes according to the amount of contributions doesn't make your
framework any better.
Why don't you keep it in the Blue namespace? Interested people can contribute
anyway. There don't seem to be any other colors, so contributors will help
you anyway. A vote result won't make people contribute, a good project will.

Torvald