> > TemplateEngine
> > ==============

> I think trying to encapsulate all the possible "templating" engines is
> hopeless.  For example, care Template Toolkit to Mason.  Template Toolkit
> uses a pipeline model of "get data, get template, feed data to template,
> receive resulting text, output text".  OTOH, Mason does something like
> "start template engine, get data, feed data through template(s) each of
> which may generate some output".

If you add Embperl and AxKit you will get two new ways to do things, which
will not fit here...

> I think a far more useful goal would be to simply provide hooks into P5EE
> for various template environments.  So you'd have
> Template::Toolkit::Plugin::P5EE, and maybe HTML::Mason::Request::P5EE, and
> so on.

Yes, that what I think too.
For example Embperl 2 has it's own way to separate code and layout, but it
would be great to use Config, Log, Sessions, Security, etc. from P5EE

> Anyway, I say go ahead and make this the P5EE base, minus the templating,
> data storage, and widget bits.  And thanks for all your work on this
> project.

Agreed!

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131