Perrin Harkins writes:
> I think you are vastly over-estimating how much effort JMS/EJB/etc.
> would save you.

EJB doesn't save you anything.  It creates work and complexity,
esp. Entity Beans.  I've built large systems using EJB and Perl.  The
Perl project was built faster, with fewer people, runs more reliably,
runs faster, and the Perl company is still in business, which is the
only point that really counts. :-)

JMS does solve an interesting problem, but don't use Message Beans,
use raw JMS.  Make sure JMS isn't looking for a solution, though.
Often times, the solution is better and more robustly solved by
implementing "pending" replies from the server.  This avoids a number
of resource management issues, which can really bog a server.

Rob