On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 01:53:31AM +0800, Stas Bekman wrote:
> A. Installing Perl is not easy unless you know-how or have a binary
> RPM/DEB/etc
> B. Consider ISPs which won't let you install/support a newer version

Whilst I agree with these in the context of considering which versions
of perl to support for a small web application that you wan't to be as
'plug-n-play' as possible, I'm not so convinced in the enterprise world.

I had thought the "target market" for much of this would be organisations
who would probably have (pretty much) complete control over their own
environments (bypassing 'B') and someone with enough clue to get a
working version of perl... (although many places may not want to move to
something too close to the bleeding edge, but if 5.6.1 is pretty
standard now then I'd definitely say it should be fine).

Or have I misunderstood?

Tony
 Tony Bowden | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.tmtm.com/
                                  And if you need my attention  Be bizarre