On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> I was surprised by this, being an Andy Wardley module I
> expected it to be a lot more all encompassing (if you're
> listening, Hi Andy!). Whereas in fact it simply seems to
> create a new hashref object and call init() if it's
> available. That's all it does (unless I'm very much
> mistaken).

there's some error handling too:

  my $obj = My::Object->new or die "$0: whoops: " . My::Object->error;

and there's a little bit of useful code for handling either
hashrefs or hashes of named args in the constructor. that's
code which is irritating to cut and paste over and over, to
be sure.

what else would be useful but general enough? clone(),
equals(), to_string() come to mind..