With iplanet shipping free with Solaris 9, and the availability of JBoss,
the cost of the app Server software is removed from the equation of
'costs'.

In actuality we are seeing faster turn-around (speed to market),
significantly reduced maintenance, and reduction of Hardware requirements
since we adopted J2EE standards.  I emphasize the 'standards'. Java
application that fall out of J2EE compliance quickly eat up the gains made
by other applications.

I guess that is why I am a little disappointed that the discussions around
here do not seem to be moving toward Application/Architecture standards
but are rather centered on the creation of a code base.

Perrin Harkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
06/06/2002 09:41 AM