On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Stephen Adkins wrote:

> Javadoc works well because it actually examines the code and
> supplements the code with comments (the "business logic" layer,
> associated with determining metadata about the code).
> Then it creates HTML in a very nice format (the "presentation"
> layer, associated simply with presenting the metadata).

I agree, this is a cool idea.  I for one would like something where I
could feed docs into Mason components for rendering.  Others will want
XSLT, etc.

> I have begun a module which I might release independently on
> CPAN which extracts metadata from code, comments, and pod.
> I have currently named it "Devel::Metadata".

Looks like a good start.  I would suggest also creating a basic
"Devel::Metadata" commenting standard that would be used in preference of
actually scanning code so one could simple do this:

# Parameters:
#
#  - foo
#  type: ARRAYREF
#
# Throws:
#
# - Exception::Foo::Bar::Baz
# A Baz in the Bar blew the Foo

Also using Module::Info as Tatsuhiko suggested would be a good thing.

-dave

www.urth.org
we await the New Sun