Hi,

At 09:51 AM 8/15/2002 -0500, Dave Rolsky wrote:
>On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Stephen Adkins wrote:
>> I have begun a module which I might release independently on
>> CPAN which extracts metadata from code, comments, and pod.
>> I have currently named it "Devel::Metadata".
>
>Looks like a good start.  I would suggest also creating a basic
>"Devel::Metadata" commenting standard that would be used in preference of
>actually scanning code so one could simple do this:

Right. I intend to parse POD, comments, and code, where the highest
reliability wins.  Information entered explicitly by the developer
in some standard format will have the highest reliability.

On another note:
I seem to recall that Dave Rolsky did something with a script called
pod_merge.pl in Alzabo to merge the POD doc for methods inherited
from a parent class into its child classes.

Question: What are people's opinions? Is the best way to handle
the documentation of inherited methods to:

  1. provide a link (or "see also") in the subclass to the parent
     class documentation, or
  2. duplicate the documentation for the inherited method from the
     parent class doc into the child class doc

Thoughts?

Stephen