* Stephen Adkins ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> At 12:57 PM 9/20/2002 -0400, Stephen Adkins wrote:
>
> Well in light of all the interesting feedback,

What interesting feedback? I didn't see any, but then again I wouldn't
expect to see any as you sent the message on friday and this is only
monday. A lot of people don't check email over the weekend and
sometimes don't even get a chance to respond to open source matters
until tuesday (the lunatics sometimes worry about keeping down their
jobs, crazy or what?). Of course you could of been being sarcastic,
but lets gloss over that.

However all that aside, I'm curious about your plan, specifically

> >However, I think the right strategy to achieve this is to allow
> >people who do Enterprise Development in perl (or know how to and aspire to)
> >collect into groups with a more-or-less consistent way of handling
> >enterprise development problems.

I'm not sure that smaller focused groups are the way to bring about
P5EE. First of all I believe that Perl already has P5EE it just needs
a light layer ontop of many CPAN modules and a bit of marketting. Now
while it may seem like a good idea to split each of these layer
writing groups into seperate groups there will be so little work to do
in each layer group (if they are writing functional code that isn't
simply doing wrapping then they will only muddy the waters of P5EE)
and they are going to face a lot of similar issues such as how you
reflect level of compliance of implementation modules.

However I realise we may have different views on this, so if you disagree
lets discuss this ...

What do you think that can be achieved in smaller groups that can't be
achieved in this group. What problem(s) do you think the smaller
groups fix that this group has? I'd appreciate a one or two paragraph
answer on this. Maybe I missed it in your initial email, but in the
words of Winnie the Pooh, "For I am a bear of very little brain,
and big words bother me.".

> I'll be proceeding with
> this plan and recasting the P5EE web site in this new light of
> "P5EE diversity".

I hope you after this email you'll take time to discuss the matter
first.

Greg

--
Greg McCarroll                         http://www.mccarroll.org.uk/~gem/