HI Stephen,

        Mod_Gzip works well, however there are problems. For example, some
browsers choke on gzipped .css and .js files and reported problems with
SSL. Which is why most mod_gzip configurations exclude these file types
from compression.

        Also another consideration is how the compression algorithm
handles dynamic output from CGI's.

        A good solution would handle both static (e.g., flat files) and
dynamic output (e.g., cgi's) quickly/transparently.

        I'm interested to hear what experiences others have had ...

Nige

--
Nigel Hamilton
Turbo10 Metasearch Engine