Bas A.Schulte writes:
> Again; I don't know exactly but when I read stuff about entity-,
> session- and message beans, JMS etc., it has a lot of resemblance with
> what I'm currently doing "by hand" i.e. implement functionality like
> that on top of a "bare" Apache/mod_perl server.

You'll really like the CORBA docs
(http://www.omg.org/gettingstarted/index.htm) esp. the 700+ page security
spec.  (It was 700 pages when I last looked at it...)

There's a certain charm to marketechture.  A good example of this is
the J2EE Pet Store.  The docs read really well, before you read the
code.  There you'll find a mess imiho. :-)  Compare with
petshop.bivio.biz if you'd like to see a Perl approach to the same
problem.

Rob