Hello Romi

> and if on_fail=fence then it will never retry to start the resource on the
> same node , it will just failover the resource to another node and shoot the
> errant node immediately.

The following explanation is just for in case you didn't know that.

"failover the resource" => "shoot the errant node"

The sequence shown above is incorrect.

The correct sequence is below.

"shoot the errant node" => "failover the resource"

Romi Verma
setting on_fail=fence for a monitor op will cause the cluster to shoot the
node immediately instead of trying to stop the resource and recover it
without fencing.

u said "instead of trying to stop the resource and recover it without
fencing."

 do you mean if on_fail is not fence then after monitor op failure , it will
try starting  the resource on the same node  again,  before declaring the
node errant.   if it is true can we set this retries count.

Takenaka Kazuhiro <takenaka.kazuh...@oss.ntt.co.jp>