On 2010/11/18 1:01 AM, Andrew Daugherity wrote:
In production I am planning to have 2 separate AP7900 units each plugged
into 2 different APC UPS units to achieve that.  I would then have the
single node name on each, for each of the 2 PS's on the individual
systems.

Right, there's currently no way to do a simultaneous reset on two
distinct fencing devices.

There is one possible solution to this -- the APC switched PDUs do
support being configured in multicast groups, and you can configure
groups of outlets together, even spanning several PDUs.  For example you
could say PDU 1, outlet 1 and PDU 2, outlet 3 are known as "webserver1",
and then tell it to "power cycle webserver1".  If it's not already
supported by the stonith agent it shouldn't be too hard to add it --
APC's syntax is actually documented fairly well.

The obvious disclaimer is that I haven't tried this myself.  I do have a
similar setup, but decided it was easier to use the IPMI stonith agent
(external/ipmi) to control my servers.

I have 'solved' this problem in two ways:
1. I have a pdu fencing script which accepts multiple ip addresses as parameters - it instructs all pdus to turn off the relevant ports

2. I have also created a stonith_multi script which is a wrapper which calls multiple stonith devices - in its current incarnation, this only requires success from a single device, but is could easily be modified to require success from all devices.

Let me know if either of those sound useful to you, and I can forward them on.

Chris