On Jul 2, 2014, at 6:58 PM, Moe Alsmadi <malsm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been trying for days to install packetfence on a ubuntu instance on
> Amazon EC with no luck. Anyone can assist in a way or a cocument of how I can
> make that possible if its possible.

Forgive my ignorance on Amazon EC cloud hosting, but one of the
requirements for PF in most environments is to sit on the local
layer 2 ethernet subnet (registration subnet) that clients will
initially be connecting on.  Does Amazon's hosting solution allow
you to do this?  If not, you will need to provide DHCP services on
the registration network (as a minimum), and the DHCP response will
need to hand out DNS server IP's that point at your PF box's "fake"
DNS server so that all of the redirects work...

-Arthur

Arthur Emerson III                 Email:      emer...@msmc.edu
Network Administrator              InterNIC:   AE81
Mount Saint Mary College           MaBell:     (845) 561-0800 Ext. 3109
330 Powell Ave.                    Fax:        (845) 562-6762
Newburgh, NY  12550                SneakerNet: Aquinas Hall Room 11