Hi,

I disabled packetfence on boot, disabled cron watch, restarted, and
there were two remaining socket files in /usr/local/pf/var/run
("pfconfig.sock" and "radiusd.sock")

Deleted those, then: service packetfence start, and YES the pfdns.pid
was created, and gui shows everything as running.

Should the service watch conjob run as pf user, or as root? On my system
it was running as root, perhaps that's an issue?

MJ