Ok, we have a support contract, but I'd rather keep those incidents for
when we are in production, and need it more urgently.

Anyway. I'll try a fresh 5.10 install, with only stock samba, to make
sure that I don't run anything out of the ordinary.

Curious to see if things work as expected then...

MJ