From: Morgan, Joel P. [mailto:joel.mor...@mga.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 04, 2015 9:19 AM
To: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [PacketFence-users] Periodically losing domain trust

I've been periodically having trouble with my packetfence server losing its
trust status to the domain. That's what I think anyway. If I join the
packetfence server to the domain, everything works fine for days. In the GUI it
says test join success. After several days, the GUI success message is replace
by "test join fail!" A manual test join fails with the following error:

[root@packetfence samba]# /usr/bin/sudo /sbin/ip netns exec MGA /usr/bin/net
ads testjoin -s /etc/samba/MGA.conf kerberos_kinit_password
PACKETFENCE$@MGA.EDU failed: Preauthentication failed kerberos_kinit_password
PACKETFENCE$@MGA.EDU failed: Preauthentication failed Join to domain is not
valid: Logon failure

wbinfo -t gives the following error:
[root@packetfence samba]# /usr/sbin/chroot /chroots/MGA wbinfo -t checking the
trust secret for domain MGA via RPC calls failed error code was
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED (0xc0000022) failed to call wbcCheckTrustCredentials:
WBC_ERR_AUTH_ERROR Could not check secret

I found a person with the identical problem.
http://www.spinics.net/lists/samba/msg118711.html

Like the referenced post I added:
winbind refresh tickets = yes
to /chroots/MGA/etc/samba/MGA.conf

I then rejoined the domain from the GUI. When I rejoined the domain, the
setting I made disappeared. Where would the correct place to add this? Is
anyone else having this problem?

Joel