Le 2017-12-08 à 09:45, Benoît Dubé via PacketFence-users a écrit :

> Merci beaucoup Fabrice,
>

> When external users are redirected to the PacketFence portal, IP
> packets contain the user's IP.  I can install the DHCP remote sensor
> on the server, but question is why to do that if the IP info is
> already known by PacketFence?

Because for PacketFence a device is a mac address, not a ip.
If you hit the portal and if PacketFence is not able to a an IP to MAC
then you will have an error message on the portal.

> Note: DNS, DHCP and AD will always be available to uregistred users
> with a policy on Checkpoint.
>

> About the switch module for the fw to parse the IP address. Since the
> original session goes to the fw and the redirected one goes to the
> Packetfence both containing the user's IP within the IP packet, isn't
> the PacketFence able to grab the IP address directly from the session
> with the portal.

It's just because we need to be able to parse the url to fetch the ip
information, for some other vendor it can be ?DEVICEIP=1.2.3.4 , for
checkpoint it can be ?IPDEVICE=1.2.3.4
Also at the end of the registration the switch module need to know how
to tell the fw that the device is registered, and i think it can be with
a Firewall SSO request.

> About Oauth, I understand that user must be able to access Oauth
> autorization server, which is easily possible through Checkpoint. Hope
> that the access token provided by auth provider to the client
> (PacketFence) be enough to authenticate the user and process to the
> sponsorship and eventually to inform the FW to give the rights to
> access internal resources.
>

> Sponsor access without Oauth ??  I understand here that user can
> access with a locally defined credential instead of social credential.
> Is it what you are referring to?
>
> I understand that the user can choose any login name/password during
> the registration phase and be sponsored by an employee and if accesses
> permitted by the sponsor, user will be granted access with the defined
> login/passwd. Right ?

Sponsor access is like that:
i am guest and connect to the open ssid, i hit the portal and
PacketFence ask me for my email address and an email address of an
employee (who is allowed to be a sponsor because he is a member of an AD
group per example).
When i validate the form then the sponsor receive an email to ask him if
we want to allow me to access to the network, so he click on the link
and hit a page on the PacketFence server.
He put his AD credential and after that my device is allowed to reach
internet.
So no need to have username and password, just need to know a employee.

> Envoyé à partir d’Outlook <http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Fabrice Durand
fdur...@inverse.ca ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x135) ::  www.inverse.ca
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence