De : Fabrice Durand via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Envoyé : 8 décembre 2017 10:09
À : packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc : Fabrice Durand
Objet : Re: [PacketFence-users] PoC: Social Login from Captive Portal and
Firewall (Checkpoint) Enforcement

Le 2017-12-08 à 09:45, Benoît Dubé via PacketFence-users a écrit :

Merci beaucoup Fabrice,

When external users are redirected to the PacketFence portal, IP packets
contain the user's IP.  I can install the DHCP remote sensor on the server, but
question is why to do that if the IP info is already known by PacketFence?

Because for PacketFence a device is a mac address, not a ip.
If you hit the portal and if PacketFence is not able to a an IP to MAC then you
will have an error message on the portal.

Note: DNS, DHCP and AD will always be available to uregistred users with a
policy on Checkpoint.

About the switch module for the fw to parse the IP address. Since the original
session goes to the fw and the redirected one goes to the Packetfence both
containing the user's IP within the IP packet, isn't the PacketFence able to
grab the IP address directly from the session with the portal.

It's just because we need to be able to parse the url to fetch the ip
information, for some other vendor it can be ?DEVICEIP=1.2.3.4 , for checkpoint
it can be ?IPDEVICE=1.2.3.4
Also at the end of the registration the switch module need to know how to tell
the fw that the device is registered, and i think it can be with a Firewall SSO
request.

About Oauth, I understand that user must be able to access Oauth autorization
server, which is easily possible through Checkpoint. Hope that the access token
provided by auth provider to the client (PacketFence) be enough to authenticate
the user and process to the sponsorship and eventually to inform the FW to give
the rights to access internal resources.

Sponsor access without Oauth ??  I understand here that user can access with a
locally defined credential instead of social credential. Is it what you are
referring to?

I understand that the user can choose any login name/password during the
registration phase and be sponsored by an employee and if accesses permitted by
the sponsor, user will be granted access with the defined login/passwd. Right ?

Sponsor access is like that:
i am guest and connect to the open ssid, i hit the portal and PacketFence ask
me for my email address and an email address of an employee (who is allowed to
be a sponsor because he is a member of an AD group per example).
When i validate the form then the sponsor receive an email to ask him if we
want to allow me to access to the network, so he click on the link and hit a
page on the PacketFence server.
He put his AD credential and after that my device is allowed to reach internet.
So no need to have username and password, just need to know a employee.

Envoyé à partir d’Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>