Hello Christian,

Are you doing VLAN enforcement or Role enforcement ?

On Aruba you have to do one of them, not both at the same time.

How are you redirected on the captive portal ? By a radius request ?

Once you get authenticated PF sends a radius disconnect message to the AP to
kick your Mac address out for the client to reconnect immediately and get the
production vlan/role.

Check the logs/packetfence.log for your Mac address the activity and see if you
can find any error.

Thanks,

Ludovic Zammit
lzam...@inverse.ca <mailto:lzam...@inverse.ca> ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x145) ::
www.inverse.ca <http://www.inverse.ca/>
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu <http://www.sogo.nu/>)
and PacketFence (http://packetfence.org <http://packetfence.org/>)

> On Mar 10, 2020, at 8:00 AM, Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
> <packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody!
>
> First the current situation so far:
>
> We installed a test-network, where the packetfence-server is reachable with
> an ip 10.5.1.4 (type management)
> and set 'RADIUS enforcement' as chosen method.
>
> Next we installed a Mikrotik-Switch (POE) with 4 VLANS (771-774) and attached
> an Aruba-AP to a trunk port
> with the mentioned VLANs. The default VLAN is 771 and the AP gets an IP and
> can connect to the pf-server.
>
> Now we created an authentication-source to our AD and created a
> switch-template for the AP. There are two
> roles based on AD-group-membership: teachers (VID 772) and pupils (VID 773) -
> set in the switch profile under
> 'Role mapping by VLAN ID'.
>
> As far as it was possible, we set up the AP according to the packetfence
> device configuration guide, because
> the guide refers to ArubaOS 5.x, but we are already at 8.6.0.2.
>
> Now we are stuck: everybody can login with an ad-username (and pasword), but
> the user doesn't get
> transferred to the correct vlan and stays in the default. In 'Auditing' I can
> see at 'Node Information' the
> Role N/A and there is no Tunnel-Private-Group-ID in the RADIUS Reply.
>
> Can somebody enlighten me on what to check or what to set / how to debug?
>
> kind regards
> Chris

  • [PacketFence-users] Ar... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
    • Re: [PacketFence-... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
      • Re: [PacketFe... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
        • Re: [Pack... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
          • Re: [... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
            • ... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
              • ... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
                • ... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
                • ... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
                • ... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
            • ... Fetakungen Virtual Adventurer via PacketFence-users
            • ... Gregor Fajdiga via PacketFence-users