www.inverse.ca <http://www.inverse.ca/>
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu <http://www.sogo.nu/>)
and PacketFence (http://packetfence.org <http://packetfence.org/>)

> [...]
>
> I ran 'pftest authentication Testy Testpwd' and these are the results:
>
> Authenticating against 'HTL_AD' in context 'admin'
>   Authentication SUCCEEDED against HTL_AD (Authentication successful.)
>   Matched against HTL_AD for 'authentication' rule Teachers
>     set_role : Teacher
>     set_access_duration : 1D
>   Did not match against HTL_AD for 'administration' rules
>
> Authenticating against 'HTL_AD' in context 'portal'
>   Authentication SUCCEEDED against HTL_AD (Authentication successful.)
>   Matched against HTL_AD for 'authentication' rule Teachers
>     set_role : Teacher
>     set_access_duration : 1D
>   Did not match against HTL_AD for 'administration' rules
>
> So I get the preferred role, but as stated in the logs and in 'Auditing' I
> didn't get it...
> ???
>
> regards
> Chris
>
> On 10.03.2020 16:09, Ludovic Zammit wrote:
>> Ok, so if you are doing 802.1x then most of the time you do
>> auto-registration where you don’t display the captive portal.
>>
>> In that case, your access would be computed on the fly. Do that and remove
>> device info:
>>
>> grep MAC_ADDRESS /usr/local/pf/logs/packetfence.log
>>
>> My guess is that you don’t match or get the VLAN for the proper role. Check
>> for the auto register option on the connection profile.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ludovic Zammit
>> lzam...@inverse.ca  <mailto:lzam...@inverse.ca>  ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x145)
>> ::www.inverse.ca
>> Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence
>> (http://packetfence.org)
>>

>>> On Mar 10, 2020, at 11:04 AM, Christian Sudec <c.su...@htlwrn.ac.at
>>> <mailto:c.su...@htlwrn.ac.at>> wrote:

>>> We're doing only 'RADIUS Enforcement' as this is the requirement for 802.1x
>>> (both
>>> wireless and wired).

>>> What do you mean? When doing 802.1x packetfence uses the the username and
>>> password
>>> with its authentication rules to determine the role (eg. teacher/pupil),
>>> which is used in the
>>> switch-profile with "Role mapping by VLAN ID" to provide the correct VLAN
>>> (772/773).

>>> There ist no captive portal, because no guests are allowed.

>>> That's my question: there is no Tunnel-Private-Group-ID and no disconnect
>>> message. How and where do
>>> I set/debug these?

>>> Nothing useful (at least for me) in there:
>>> Mar 10 12:10:22 ippf auth[1659]: (14606)   Login OK: [Testy] (from client
>>> 10.71.100.63/32 port 0 cli bc:d1:d3:31:13:78 via TLS tunnel)
>>> Mar 10 12:10:22 ippf auth[1659]: [mac:bc:d1:d3:31:13:78] Accepted user:
>>> Testy and returned VLAN
>>> Mar 10 12:10:22 ippf auth[1659]: (14607) Login OK: [Testy] (from client
>>> 10.71.100.63/32 port 0 cli bc:d1:d3:31:13:78)
>>>
>>> As you can see: returned VLAN - but I don't get one...

  • [PacketFence-users] Ar... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
    • Re: [PacketFence-... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
      • Re: [PacketFe... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
        • Re: [Pack... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
          • Re: [... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
            • ... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
              • ... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
                • ... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
                • ... Ludovic Zammit via PacketFence-users
                • ... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
            • ... Fetakungen Virtual Adventurer via PacketFence-users
            • ... Gregor Fajdiga via PacketFence-users
          • Re: [... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users
            • ... Zacharry Williams via PacketFence-users
              • ... Christian Sudec via PacketFence-users