From: Ludovic Zammit <lzam...@inverse.ca>
Sent: Thursday, March 26, 2020 19:45
To: Juraj Tobias <j...@leaf.sk>
Cc: packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [PacketFence-users] multiple active directories as authentication
sources?

Hello,

You can create a connection profile per organization and match the correct AD
for each authentication.

If you put two sources on the same connection profile and you have the same
username in both ADs it would only match on the first one and never the other
one.

Thanks,

Ludovic Zammit
lzam...@inverse.ca<mailto:lzam...@inverse.ca> ::  +1.514.447.4918 (x145) ::
www.inverse.ca<http://www.inverse.ca>
Inverse inc. :: Leaders behind SOGo (http://www.sogo.nu) and PacketFence
(http://packetfence.org)

On Mar 26, 2020, at 9:44 AM, Juraj Tobias via PacketFence-users
<packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net<mailto:packetfence-users@lists.sourceforge.net>>
 wrote:

we have multiple organizations sharing the same premises, but each have their
own active directory (i.e. no trusts, no single forest).

is it possible to configure a single packetfence server to try user auth
against all of them?
so far, as I understand how FreeRADIUS works, a domain join is required in
order to authenticate against an AD, and, since a single packetfence server can
only be joined to one domain, this is not possible, but perhaps packetfence has
a way around it.

thx in advance