Hi,

We are using packetfence with 802.1x authentication on our wired network. This works nicely.

However, what we have now repeatedly seen, is that after (bigger) windows updates, the windows 10 clients 802.1x authentication configurations are reset back to the default -> no network for the windows client.

I know this is not packetfence's fault, but talking to microsoft is difficult. :-)

So, Anyone else here using wired 802.1x, and seeing this same behaviour..?

Anyone with a clue on how to STOP this from happening?

As the workstations then have NO connectivity, the only solution is to walk to them, and re-configure the settings. (or turn off authentication on the switch)

Curious to your experiences.

MJ