Hello doppino,

yes you can use SNMP and active directory but for that you will need to use the portal to authenticate.

Be sure on the packetfence side to enable the packetfence-snmptrapd.service (it's disabled by default).

Then add the switch in packetfence and fill the correct registration vlan and snmp information to be able to talk to the switch.