Hi all,

I setup a ZEN 11.2 in a datacentre to use it around different building for the
same customer, first in a Wi-Fi environment, then with wired connections.

My constraint is to use only one NIC, no VLAN allowed. So, I attached every
additional daemon (DHCP, DHCP-listener, radius, and portal) on the management
interface of PacketFence. I then configure a routed network for the
registration network used remotely, with DHCP enabled.

The connection part works correctly: I can connect to the WiFi, I receive an IP
from the DHCP from the PacketFence, through a DHCP-relay, with PacketFence's
management IP as DNS. On the registration network, each DNS resolution returns
correctly the PacketFence's management IP (supposed to be the captive portal
IP).

My problem is I never receive the captive portal, always the following message:
Your computer was not found in the PacketFence database. Please reboot to solve
this issue.
It's like PacketFence cannot map the IP address, it gave through the DHCP-relay
connection, to the MAC address (used to give an IP address). I try also to set
the log of each daemon involved in the process to debug level, but nothing more
to give me a clue to continue the investigation.

I did packet captures but, each time, I see the request for the captive portal
check from the computer in the registration network, the answer to redirect to
the captive portal, the request to get the captive portal, and finally the
error page with the message as described here above.

I try everything, relevant, in the mailing list, but nothing works. Could you
help me to solve this strange behavior?

If you need some logs, conf, please ask me.

Thank you and best regards,
Bénoni Delfosse