Hi all,

I've been slowly rolling out PacketFence to my K-12 environment, but I'm
running into some performance issues during peak times, such as breaks between
classes and lunch periods.

During these times, I've seen CPU spikes as high as 90% utilization. I have
already increased the core count of my VM from 6 to 8 cores, and while that has
helped a bit, I'm a bit scared as to what I'll need to scale it to for a full
deployment. Right now, I have ~1000 devices registered, but once fully rolled
out that will be ~14000 clients.

My current VM has 8 cores, 32 gigs of ram allocated to it, on a hybrid SSD/HDD
storage setup on Nutanix. Has anyone else with a similar environment to mine
encountered issues like these, and what you might've done to mitigate this, or
would my best bet to keep pumping resources into this one VM, or even scaling
out and clustering?

Thanks!
Will
Systems and Network Administrator, ICT Infrastructure